LVM1 and LVM2 are the versions of LVM.
LVM1 was included in the 2.4 series kernels.
LVM2 uses device mapper driver contained in 2.6 kernel version.
RHEL3 comes with LVM1, RHEL4 with LVM2.
- It has command line extensions beyond lvm (eg, vgs, lvs, pvs commands).
- It’s configurable in various regards (eg, device name filters)
- The limits of 256 grand total logical volumes and ~64k extents per logical volume are gone.
- Logical volume snapshots are asynchronous rather than synchronous and gain better performance.
- pvmove (online data relocation) is based on temporary, restartable mirrors which wasn’t the case in LVM1.
- You must login to post comments
Please login first to submit.