- Minimum granularity with Cron is minute while it is in days with Anacron.
- Cron job can be scheduled by any normal user while Anacron can be scheduled only by the super user.
- Cron expects the system to be up and running while the Anacron doesn’t expect the system to be up and running all the time.
In case of Anacron, if a job is scheduled and the system is down that time, it will execute the job as soon as the system is up and running.
- Cron is ideal for servers while Anacron is ideal for desktops and laptops.
- Cron should be used when you want a job to be executed at a particular hour and minute while Anacron should be used in when the job can be executed irrespective of the hour and minute.
- You must login to post comments
Please login first to submit.