With more than 300 penetration testing tools, I believe Kali Linux is the best OS for learning hacking and pentesting. However, there are other OSes that can be equally useful, including BackTrack, Ubuntu and Backbox.
Kali is a complete re-build of BackTrack Linux, adhering completely to Debian development standards. All-new infrastructure has been put in place, all tools were reviewed and packaged, and we use Git for our VCS.
- More than 300 penetration testing tools
- Free and always will be
- Open source Git tree
- File System Hierarchy Standard compliant
- Vast wireless device support
- Custom kernel patched for injection
- Secure development environment
- GPG signed packages and repos
- Multi-language: Allowing more users to operate in their native language and locate the tools they need for the job.
- Completely customizable
- ARMEL and ARMHF support: Kali is currently available for the following ARM devices:rk3306 mk/ss808Raspberry PiODROID U2/X2Samsung ChromebookEfikaMXBeaglebone BlackCuBoxGalaxy Note 10.1
Kali is specifically tailored to penetration testing.
- You must login to post comments
Please login first to submit.