- For GUI.
Even Windows have a non-GUI version on its server class products.
Windows server 2008 R2 server core & Windows server 2012 server core are two versions will run at minimum RAM.
- Linux based distros have many desktop environments to choose from. Most of them are, if not all, lightweight in nature. They consume low system resources compared to that of Windows.
- Linux was build with the aim of being scale able to a large number of hardware configurations and also for using it as a live OS.
- The minimum recommended system RAM is 1 GB for Win 8.1 32 bit and 2 GB for Win 8.1 64 bit.
The minimum recommended system RAM is 512 MB for all Ubuntu variants, including the 32 bit, the 64 bit.
- It’s the GUI and other extensions that determines how much RAM is necessary.
- You must login to post comments
Please login first to submit.